Your 1 Month Old Baby!
You’re one month into this motherhood gig, and oh boy wouldn’t a little routine be nice!?
Let’s be honest though, there’s no REAL schedule with a 1 month old baby. However, finding even a little dose of routine early on can help baby feel safe and happy. And more importantly, give parents a little dose of “we’ve got this!”
I’ve included some fun facts, milestones and tips for your newborn, so you can keep yourself educated with the must-knows and get back a little sanity with a “routine”!
Average Weight & Height:
- Avg girl: 9.2 lbs
- Avg boy: 9.9 lbs
- Grown about 1.5 to 2 inches since birth
- Sees about 8-12 inches away
- Beginning to develop smell and taste
- Keeps hands in fists, jerky and quivery movements
- Nurse/bottle 6-8x a day (12-32 ounces a day)
- On Demand, ~ every 2-4 hours
- 16-17 hours a day
- Wakes every 3-4 hours
- Sleep baby on back
- Help baby adjust to day and night by keeping things quiet, dark and boring at night
- Rock baby gently and sing lullabies
- Read simple books slowly to your baby
Must Have Products:
Example Daily Schedule
- 7 AM – Wake, Nurse/ 2-4 oz. Bottle
- 8 AM Nap ~1.5 hours
- 9:30 AM – Nurse/2-4 oz. Bottle
- 11:30 AM Nap ~1 hour
- 12:30 PM Nurse/2-4 oz. Bottle
- 2 PM – Nap ~1.5 hour
- 4 PM – Nurse/2-4 oz. milk
- 5 PM – Nap ~45 min
- 7 PM – Nurse/2-4 oz. Bottle & Bedtime routine
- Nurse/bottle on demand over night
So there you have it, easy right? Remember, babies meet milestones at their own rate, and no babies’ schedules are the same. Do what works for you and your family and the rest will fall into place!
Consult with your pediatrician for specific questions. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.
*This post contains links to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.