The 4 month mark is one of my favorites. Your little one is reaching new milestones, smiling, and might even be sleeping through the night (if we were only so lucky!).
Average Height & Weight:
- Avg girl: 14.2 lbs, 24.4 inches
- Avg boy: 15.4 lbs, 25.2 inches
- Brings hands and objects to mouth
- Holds head up for long periods of time
- Giggles and reacts to funny faces or peekaboo
- Vision starts to see further distances
- Reaches for toys such as keys and teethers
- Rolls from stomach to back and push up to elbows
- Nurse/bottle 4-6x a day (24-36 ounces a day)
- Talk to your doctor if your baby is ready to begin solids. Many experts recommend waiting until 6 months.
- 14-15 hours a day
- 3 naps, totaling 5 hours
- Sleep 10-11 hours overnight (may wake 1-2x)
- Gently shake a rattle or noise maker and pass to baby
- Go for a walk around the mall or outside
- Rock and sing lullabies to help baby learn and listen
Must Have Products:
- 6:30 AM – Wake, Nurse/Bottle (5-8 oz.)
- 9:30 AM – Nurse/5-8 oz. Bottle
- Nap ~2.5 hours
- 1:00 PM Nurse/5-8 oz. Bottle
- 2 PM – Nap ~1.5 hour
- 4 PM – Nurse/5-8 oz. milk
- 4:15 PM – Nap ~45 min
- 7 PM – Nurse/5-8 oz. Bottle & Bedtime routine
Babies meet milestones at their own rate, and no babies’ schedules are the same. Consult with your pediatrician for questions.
*This post contains links to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.