5 months old is such a fun age. Your baby’s personality is starting to shine through & he/she is becoming more independent. You’re little one may be reading to start solids soon, so make sure to check out this post & bring it up with your doctor!
Average Height & Weight:
- Avg girl: 15.2 lbs, 25.2 inches
- Avg boy: 16.6 lbs, 25.9 inches
- Starts to roll from back to tummy
- Able to sit propped with pillow or boppy
- Distinguishes between colors
- Turn towards voices and noises, may start to make sounds like “ah” and “oh”
- Reach and grab for toys for both hands, holds them using all fingers
- Nurse/bottle 4-6x a day (24-40 ounces a day)
- Talk to your doctor if your baby is ready to begin solids. Many experts recommend waiting until 6 months.
- 14-15 hours a day
- 3 naps, totaling 5 hours
- Sleep 10-11 hours overnight (if you’re lucky that is :))
- Play a variety of music, including classical, jazz and pop. Clap, smile and sing along!
- Give baby simple, colorful toys, and name/explain each item to help baby learn new words.
Must Have Products:
- 6:30 AM – Wake, Nurse/Bottle (4-7 oz.)
- 9:30 AM – Nurse/4-7 oz. Bottle
- Nap ~2.5 hours
- 1:00 PM Nurse/4-7 oz. Bottle
- 2 PM – Nap ~1.5 hour
- 4 PM – Nurse/4-7 oz. milk
- 4:15 PM – Nap ~45 minutes
- 7 PM – Nurse/4-7 oz. Bottle & Bedtime routine
**Babies meet milestones at their own rate, and no babies’ schedules are the same. Consult with your pediatrician for questions.
Be the first to comment